Sunday 2 October 2011

My 5Ss of Flavors


As the Lion City grows more affluent, people will inevitably hanker after the 5Cs commonly known as credit card, car, condominium, cash and country card membership. But for me, I desire only the 5Ss of flavors in my meals, and to me that is a luxury already. The 5Ss flavors consist of Sweet, Salty, Sour, Spicy and Smack, a distinctive flavor.

Being an avid lover of good food, I am constantly on the radar for awesome food news which eventually I will share with you all on my blog. A close friend just returned from Vietnam and passed me some local delights. One of which is this dish of 5Ss flavored, dried and sliced plums with a note of plummy smack. This is my first time tasting such delectable preserved fruits! I can’t even find something on par with it in Singapore…to my dismay.

If you happen to be in Da Lat City of Vietnam, do pay the night market a visit and discover more edible treasures! (If you also happen to know me, please bring me back a caddy of these 5Ss preserved plums!)

No comments:

Post a Comment