Tuesday 23 August 2011

I Feel Like Having Fried Chicken Today!

Yes, bone-licking-good fried chicken that urged me to swiftly grab my pocketbook and head down to City Plaza after work. Tucked away at a corner on the second floor, within meters, you can smell the enticing aroma emitting from Arnold’s flagship store.

The evening had barely reached 6 o’clock and hordes of hungry, half-filled diners were already seated down feasting on their prized chicken. I sat down promptly and obediently once my queue number was called. Not long, my 2-pc meal was served before my roving eyes.

Blistering hot, heavenly-seasoned and battered, crispy skin; tender-rich, scrumptious chicken meat which I could not resist moving all my ten fingers over them. For a split second, I suspected they were secretly rearing the fowl behind the kitchen and the crew was doubling up as farmers! Where on earth did they get their unbelievably fresh produce?

Shortly, I gave up some attention to the fries which whetted my appetite further with their lightly-salted buttery crunch and also, their perfect size and texture. They were neither too thin nor too thick unlike some fries 'in the market'. The supporting contorno, coleslaw was finely chopped and freshly concocted in their special in-house mayonnaise.

Bravo, superb dinner for me! You can topped off your meal with a classic banana split or a local ice-kachang delight. But I did not, instead I chose a household beverage, Milo topped with whipped cream. That evening, I reached home feeling bliss and re-charged for the next day as my desire was simply fulfilled…


      ( For more info, check out www.arnoldsfriedchicken.com/ )

No comments:

Post a Comment